Can you believe that we just have a few days left in 2018?! Seriously! How fast did this year go? Maybe it’s the lack of sleep because of having a newborn. Maybe it’s because the years just seem to go by faster and faster each year. Whatever it is, it has flown by!
I wanted to take a minute to think about 2018. Will you take a minute with me? Think about all the amazing, wonderful things that you did, saw, ate, accomplished. It’s pretty great everything we did, right?
For me, one of the biggest things was launching this blog. I mean, talk about scary! I put myself out there in a big way. I admitted to whoever reads this that I have some major flaws. I opened up about so much and was very vulnerable.
I’m so HAPPY that I did!! I have had many people tell me that they enjoy reading my blog, which brings tears to my eyes and so much joy to my heart. A HUGE thank you! Thank you for reading, for sharing, and for your kind words.
I have had others open up to me about struggles they have had. I feel closer to them. I feel honored that they felt comfortable to open up to me. They have asked questions, they have been vulnerable themselves.
This! This is one of the major things I hoped for when I started this journey. In the next year I hope to open up more conversations and connect with more wonderful people having struggles. My heart is full, thanks to you!
On the blog this year…
- My workout series- three months of workouts and printables. You can get them here, here, and here.
- My word for the year: Simplify. I made a plan for the year with printables. I didn’t do too well with this one, so look forward to 2019 with better plans. And hopefully better follow through!
- Blogtober! Posting a new post for every day in October. It was fun and tiring! I need to be a bit more prepared next time I tackle it. You can get a whole month here.
- I was lucky and very honored to be a blogger spotlight, awarded a Blogger Awards by fellow bloggers, had a recipe shared on another blog, tagged by other bloggers to write a tagged post (and here), and a blogger of the week. I am feeling the love!
I felt I have accomplished so much. But I feel there is so much more to do. I hope by setting better goals and making a better plan I will be able to tackle my never ending to do list.
Some non blog things that happened this year…
- Eddy and I paid off one of his school loans and hope to pay off the last non pharmacy school loan in the next few days (or weeks). Now we get to work on pharmacy loans.
- After getting derailed (thanks to morning sickness… haha) from keeping a better budget we got back on track.
- We were able to go on some wonderful road trips to visit or be with family (Santa Fe, Seattle, Colorado, camping, Disneyland). Minus Disneyland, we were able to travel on the cheap.
- Started (and have a LONG way to go) making the playroom in the basement. Now, we have the world’s largest mess in our garage…
- Continued to work on myself- letting go of the control, working on my anxiety and depression. I have said this many times, it will be a life long process and work in progress.
- Adjusted to having 4 kids, and living to tell the tale! Haha! I do love them and am so happy to have them in my life.
Now it’s your turn! I want to hear some things that you are proud of in this year. Go ahead and brag away! I want to hear what you are happy and excited about. Share in the comments your end of 2018 wrap up! 🙂 I want to celebrate with you.
I am so excited to be thinking about 2019. I have so many plans. So stayed tuned for next week. I will be laying out my plans for 2019.