You guys! I am so honored to have been nominated by Ran from Ran Travels for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much Ran! It was a blast reading your post and your answers to the questions you had.
I hadn’t heard of The Sunshine Blogger Award before so I read a bit about it. This award is for bloggers who are spreading positivity through their blogs. Which is awesome because the world needs more positivity, right? The Sunshine Blogger Award was made by bloggers for bloggers. We need to support and help each other.
Here are the rules, I get to:
- Answer the 11 questions by the blogger who tagged me (woohoo) and tag them back in the post.
- Create 11 new questions for my tagged bloggers
- Tag 11 other bloggers who spread positivity through their blogs!
Let’s get started!
What is one thing you cannot live without?
My family! They are my everything. I would be lost without them. And ice cream. 🙂
What inspires you every day?
A few things:
- My family – I want to be the best version of myself for each of them: mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, etc. My family is beyond amazing. I am so grateful for the wonderful examples they are and the love we have for each other.
- Little kids – They are honest, they have so much joy in the simple things, and they have big hearts. We could all stand to learn a lot from them.
- Friends – I am surrounded by wonderful friends. I may not see some every day or even every year, but, they are great role models and inspire me.
Where do you see yourself 3 years from now?
Oh this is fun! In an ideal world we will just be finished paying off the student loans, van loan, and making a plan to pay off the mortgage. We love our neighborhood and we hope to still be living here with all our friends and neighbors. You all know you are not allowed to move either, right? Haha!
We plan to still be working hard to provide for our family, exploring at much of our world as we can, and raising our kiddos the best we can.
If you can only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
This was by far the easiest question. I didn’t even have to think about it. For those who know me, what do you think I am going to say? Green, green all the way! This has been my favorite color since I was a little girl.
What are you scared of?
A lot. When you live with anxiety you tend to be scared or fear more. Since this is a positive award I won’t talk about that. I’ll have to do a blog post on it sometime because I feel it is important and something I would like to work on.
So instead I’m going to give you this list of things I’m scared of: spiders, scorpions, snakes, creepy crawly things… basically gross insects and bugs.
What is one thing you have to do everyday, no excuses?
Read and pray with my family and on my own.
How do you find motivation?
Sometimes I am able to find motivation in the little things. Staying calm when one of my littles is really testing me, when the sun is shining, when I’m happy, or a stranger’s smile. Sometimes I have to fake it until it is real.
There are times it is hard to get out of bed. Then I think about my children. They need their mom. Sometimes they get a grump for a mom and other times they get a rocking mom. But whatever type of mom they get, they are my number 1 motivation.
I’m surrounded by amazing people that give me motivation daily. From their generosity to their love of life. They make me want to be a better person. And that right there is great motivation.
What is something you’d like to achieve before you die?
Hmm, this one is hard. I try to become a better person every day. I may not succeed every day, always a work in progress. I would like to be able to help as many people as I can who have mental illness through my blog and personal interactions.
Where are you currently and do you like it there? Why?
I live in the great state of Utah. Yeah baby! There are some wonderful things about Utah. I love that most of my family lives here (7 out of the 10 siblings on mine and my husbands side all live in Utah). We have 4 beautiful seasons. The mountains are breathe taking and offer so much fun. Utah is close to so many wonderful places, makes for great road trips.
Any hobbies you’d like to take up in the future?
I took piano lessons when I was younger. When I started playing volleyball in high school I quit taking piano. I was never good at sight reading so it’s very hard if I try to play now. I’d like to take piano lessons again. I always thought it would be fun to take when my kids take. But we’ll see.
What would you like to say to your younger self?
You are enough!
My 11 questions for the awesome, positive bloggers.
- What is your most embarrassing moment? Or at least a very embarrassing moment?
- What is something you wish you could take back?
- What is something that makes you smile?
- Where are you from? And do you still live there now?
- If you could only drink one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What do you do for a living?
- Tell us about your family (spouse, children, siblings, pets…).
- Why did you start a blog?
- What is something you like about yourself?
- What do you do to relax?
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
This was a blast to do! Thanks again Ran for nominating me.
Here are 11 bloggers that I feel spread cheer and sunshine through their blogs. Check them out!
- Jasmin from My Joy in Life. Lifestyle and faith blogger, homeschooling mama to three kiddos.
- Bexa from Hello Bexa. Creative lifestyle blogger, mama to two cats.
- Shyla from Sincere Mommy. Lifestyle blogger, full time working mama to 4 year old.
- Ell from Ell Duclos and Boss Girl Bloggers. Lifestyle and beauty blogger, helping many new bloggers find their way.
- Ruth from The Rolling Twenties. A blogger looking at the humorous side of life.
- Louise from Mindful Millie. Mental health blogger, children book author.
- Ruth from Ruth in Revolt. Lifestyle blogger, bringing humor and sunshine to all.
- Maud from My Passion Projects. Lifestyle blogger, writer.
- Sarah from Insecure Housewife. Lifestyle blogger, wife and mama.
- Tera from It’s My Crazy Beautiful Life. Lifestyle blogger, stepmom to two girls.
- The DeVaulls from Wanderlust with the DeVaulls. Travel bloggers, from America but living in England.
If you want to I’d love to have you awesome 11 bloggers participate. No pressure if you are not feeling. Thank you again Ran for nominating me for The Sunshine Blogger Award!! Hope you all have a lovely day!!