Have you ever felt like a nuisance to someone else? Like you were being a pain in the rump? I sure have! That is one thing I try to do, not be a pain for other people.
I’m not sure if it is my anxiety or just who I am. But it hurts me, stresses me out, whatever you want to call it, when I have been a burden to someone else. I think it’s too the point where I need to chill out a bit. Haha
So let’s think about the opposite of being a pain in the rump… haha. What does that mean? Instead of adding to their burdens you would lighten the burdens they have.
I have been thinking about ways I could lighten the burdens of others. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we all tried to lighten one person’s burdens on a daily basis? Or even a weekly basis?
Ways to Lighten the Burdens of Others
- Smile or say hello
- open the door for someone
- grab something high on a shelf at the store
- pick up something someone dropped
- help someone carry something that is heavy or not heavy
- make dinner for a friend, family, or neighbor in need
- send someone a note filled with kind words
- offer to watch someone’s kids while they nap, run errands, or do something that they have wanted to do
- weed your neighbor’s garden
- give someone flowers
- give someone a ride
- clean someone’s house (or a room) for them
- be a good listening ear (judgement free)
The list goes on forever! There are an endless amount of ways that you can help lighten the burdens of a friend, family member, neighbor, or a total stranger.
Do you want to join me in trying to help something lighten the burdens that they may be facing? Let’s try for at least once a day. It doesn’t have to be a grand gesture every time.
Sometimes the smallest gesture can have the biggest impact. As we try to lighten the burdens of others be aware of how you feel and the changes you see in yourself. 🙂
Happy burden lightening my friends!
You can find last week’s Sunday Motivational here.