Candy Cane Cookies: A Christmas Must Bake
It wasn’t until I was dating Eddy that I was introduced to these wonderful cookies. Not only are they adorable but they are very delicious! It is so hard to just eat one of these candy cane cookies.
With the perfect amount of almond extract the flavor is to die for. They are a great mix of some chewy and crunchy. What is not to love?
Candy cane cookies are a tradition in the Robbins’ house. And I’m sure glad they are. I need to make them a tradition in my house. Starting this year, that’s what I am going to do!
So let’s grab all the ingredients and get baking!
You only need flour, one egg, powder sugar, shortening, almond flavoring, and red food coloring.
First cream the shortening and egg until it is smooth.
Next add the powder sugar and almond flavoring. Blend until it is mixed well.
Then add the flour, all at once, and mix until everything is blended well together.
Then divide the dough in half. Put half of the dough into a separate bowl. Add the red food coloring to one bowl and mix. You can add enough red food coloring to get the red color you want.
Get a teaspoon size ball of each the white and red dough.
Roll each ball out into a snake about the length of the measuring spoon.
Line up both the red and white dough together.
With your hand roll both the snake dough together until it is mixed.
Shape the dough into a candy cane shape. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- 2 cups flour
- red food coloring
Cream the shortening and egg until smooth.
Add the powder sugar and almond flavoring and blend together.
Add the flour all at once and mix until blended.
Divide the dough in half and put into two different bowls. Add red food coloring to one bowl, mix it until you have red dough.
Get a tsp size ball of each the red and white dough. First roll them into balls. Next roll both into separate snakes. Then line both red and white snakes next to each other. With your hand roll them until they blend together. Last shape it into a candy cane.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
I hope you have as much fun making and EATING these yummy cookies as we did around here.
- Pumpkin Spice Chip Cake Cookies Get on the pumpkin kick this fall with these Pumpkin Spice Chip Cake Cookies. Your mouth will thanks you! These are a no fail recipe....
- 6 Children Christmas Books to Read This Year Christmas is getting near. Do you have some wonderful children books to read with your little ones? Well, here are 6 great ones that your...
- The Most Darling Christmas Triangle Fabric Banner Do you have a few extra hours that you want to fill with a Christmas craft? Well then you are NEED to check out my...
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies Need a spin on zucchini or chocolate chip cookies? I have your back with this super yummy Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies. ...